Accessing & Using Travax
The following information provides guidelines for accessing and using the www.travax.com website with an acceptable level of site performance. In all cases, best performance will be achieved using the newest and most robust technologies.
- Internet Connection
- Broadband-level internet service is required for acceptable performance. T1 service (1.5 mbps) or faster is recommended. Larger files (such as detailed malaria maps) may load slowly on lower-end broadband services such as mobile and DSL.
- Operating System
- The following operating system versions (or higher) are required to meet the standards of the security certificate used to protect browser communication with the Travax site: Windows XP SP3 (service pack 3 installed), Mac OS X 10.5, Android 2.3, Apple iOS 3.0, Blackberry 5.0, Chrome OS (all), Windows Phone 7.
- Web Browser
- The current official release version of the major browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, and Safari) are all fully supported. Prior versions released in 2013 or later should also be capable of performing all site functions. Internet Explorer 7 does not render all Travax features and controls as described in documentation, although features will be functional. Internet Explorer 6 and prior versions are not capable of performing many site functions and are not supported.
- PDF Document Reader
- An application capable of viewing and printing files in the Portable Document Format (PDF) is required for users to access the high-resolution version of malaria, yellow fever and elevation maps and a number of other documents available in that format. Adobe Reader 9.5 or later, or a similarly capable application, is recommended. The built-in Preview application in Macintosh OS X 10.3 and later is recommended if using that operating system, though 3rd-party PDF viewers are also available for it.
- Video Display
- The Travax site content is best viewed on a color monitor with XGA resolution (1024 x 768) or higher in order to minimize horizontal scrolling.
- A color printer with 600 DPI resolution is recommended in order to print the detailed color malaria, yellow fever and elevation maps. Grayscale printouts of the color maps may lose quality. A printer with a 400 MHz processor rated at 16 PPM (pages per minute) for color with 256MB RAM should provide adequate performance. Printers rated at a higher PPM and/or with more RAM will provide better performance.
- Travax supports browsing in a tablet-based environment.